Ficam is a carbamate insecticide intended for use as a residual surface spray against disease vectors such as mosquitoes and sandflies.
- Belongs to the carbamate group of insecticides
- Carbamates cause reversible acetyl cholinesterase inhibition
- Highly concentrated formulation available in convenient unit-dose water soluble sachets (100 and 125 g sachet per 8 L or 10 L spray tank)
- WHO-PQ listed
- Odourless and non-staining
- Broad spectrum of activity
- An ideal rotation partner for Fludora Fusion, for insecticide resistance management.
- Has been commonly used across malaria spraying campaigns in Africa, Asia and the Americas.
- Represents an important rotation option for neonicotinoids and pyrethroids.
- Reversible acetyl cholinesterase inhibition means no need for routine Acetyl Cholinesterase Monitoring in Spraymen, unlike organophosphates.
- Low volume packaging reduces bulkiness for shipment purposes.
- Water soluble packaging minimizes exposure during handling.
- Fewer negative reactions from residents (no unpleasant odour or stains in houses)
- Provides control of mosquitoes, houseflies, cockroaches, fleas, scorpions and various other pests.
- Established performance and reliability, even in areas where insecticide resistance has challenged the performance of pyrethroids, DDT an,d other chemestries.
Use & Safety
What to control:
Mosquitoes, flies and other public health pests
Ficam is available in water-soluble sachets of various sizes depending on the required dose rate.
The standard dilution rate is 1 x 125 g sachet diluted in 10 L of water in a hand sprayer and this 10 L of dilution is then used to apply a residual deposit of insecticide to 250 m2 of interior wall surface. This results in a target dose rate of 400 mg of active ingredient per metre square.
Sachet sizes of 62.5 g are also available for those programs which can accept a shorter residuality achieved with the lower dose rate of 200 mg of acive ingredient /m2.
A polymer-enhanced suspension concentrate for residual...See product
Fludora® Fusion has been developed specifically for vector...See product
Aqua K-Othrine is a water-based insecticide concentrate for...See product
Fludora® Co-Max introduces a brand-new insecticide class...See product